My Arrival

Chinese Date: Cycle 54, Chinese Year Xin-Chou (38), year 581, month 7, day 9 (581-07-09)
Gregorian Date: Saturday, August 25, 581

We finally arrived in India today! I have left the friends that I met on the silk road they were traders, and they were in India to sell their goods. So they had to go their ways and now I have to go mine.
They left me with some money to spend in India. The money in India is coins, in China the money was all paper. Money is not the only thing that is different from China. The weather to start off with is very hot and dry. I can see some mountains but not as much as in China. The buildings look extremely different from in China.
In India people wore clothes that were made of fabric that was made from cotton. Most people would wear baggy trousers. Some ladies would wear this cotton fabric, that I think someone called a sari. I have seen this type of clothing in all different types of colors and designs, most of the designs are very bright and colorful.
They would wear saris in many different ways, some would wear them as skirts, and others might drape the sari over their head. Men would wear cotton clothes around their head called turbans. Most of the fabric was made from cotton, because cotton was grown in India.

I do recognize some of the food in ancient India, some people are eating rice, and some people are eating wheat. There is a lot of food like also things like cinnamon and pepper, and many other types of food that I have never even heard of before.