Welcome to my life...

Cycle 54, Chinese Year Xin-Chou (38) / (581-04-15)




I live in Dynastic China in the year 581. Usually in Dynastic China girls go to live with their husband and leave home. My sister has left home to go live with her husband’s family, and nowadays I kind of miss her, but I know that change is part of life and I have to live with this.
Usually I spend most of my days farming, I know farming is very important to feed the people in my village. The only misfortune to being a farmer is that when I am farming most of the work I have to do is by hand, and the work is pretty tiring. Both of my parents are farmers, so I usually spend my days farming with them. In my culture your most important relationship is with your family, so I spend a lot of time with my family.
Some boys from rich families get to go to school, but no one from my family went to school, and I don’t think I will ever get to go to school.  I have a pretty nice life, but I have always wanted something more.  Sometimes I get bored of doing the exact same things every day. For example every day I eat the same exact thing: rice, wheat, millet, and sorghum. Millet is kind of like corn, and millet grows very tall, and sorghum is a type of plant in the grass family.

Then I go in the field and these grow things, but I also grow some cucumbers, peaches, oranges, lemons, and apricots. I never eat any of these foods because I can never afford them,  but I grow them for rich people to buy. Then rich people that can afford fruits and vegetables, can buy them and put them on their rice.